Anyone else go back to not using “saved plan views” anymore?

Michael_Gia

I didn’t use Saved Plan Views in X11 but can go back and save them to the Plan file.  I  will then do as you say Mick, and import them, to add to the X12 list in my new Plan template.

I certainly cannot see any downside to this, only benefits.  Every new update from Chief has improved my work flow of Construction Documents.

6 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

IMO, anyone who is not using "Saved Plan Views" is totally missing the boat.  Coupled with "Multiple Referenced Plans" this is the absolutely best way of creating ConDocs.

ditto Joe...  and multiple ref plans......  very powerful......  if it doesn’t work for a user then they don’t get it.  

we should do a work shop soon to share ideas on 12

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, country said:

I just tried some saved Plan Views in X11.  There is no Export function for them, just Layer and Anno Sets.  I guess I'll have to do an entire drawing in X12 so it is easy to develop a set of them.....

As Eric mentioned on the Import menu in X12 look for Import Saved plan views ( 3rd Section) and when the DBX pops up, point it to the X11 Plan file with the Saved plan views, then there will be another DBX popup , >select All and  Replace ( or create new) >Ok     and then they should all be in the drop down for SPV or the Project Browser.

M.

• Upvote 1

The imports worked great.  I am almost ready with my new templates in X12.  
Decided to start fresh because my learning curve has required so many changes to the old templates that it was just easier to import what worked well and do the new additions instead of revising everything as I went along....

Once again, thanks everyone.

6 hours ago, country said:

Decided to start fresh because my learning curve has required so many changes to the old templates that it was just easier to import what worked well and do the new additions instead of revising everything as I went along....

Thanks for letting us know it worked out well Sherry .....

Mick.

7 hours ago, country said:

Remember that X-12 has a fantastic new tool "Save As Template" You can use it to save your improvements to layout and plan as you go and replace the default template with your new and improved one.

• Like 1