Anyone have a door like this??

Alaskan_Son

I'm looking for a particular door design.  Wondering if perhaps any of you have one or can tell me where to find it.  I've searched all the Chief libraries and can't seem to find anything.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, this is the best picture I have...

post-46-0-69640200-1394057695_thumb.jpg

I replaced the symbol in my post above...Not sure why, but the symbol seemed to be corrupted.  It worked fine yesterday, but when I opened the program back up today, the materials on that door went totally wacky.  The door in the library went black and seemed to have none of the panels or framework. And the material tab had the right material NAMES, but the textures and patterns were all wrong.  To make matters worse, when I selected another library object and then went back to the door again, the patterns and textures had changed again and the door was 2 different materials (I think aluminum and oak) and then the door changed to all oak.  Extremely bizarre.  Has anyone else seen anything like that happen before??

If you could let me know how the attached symbol behaves for you I would appreciate it.  I think I fixed it but I'm not sure.  The door should by Cherry with the grain on each individual panel going in the direction it would be in real life. 

Like the attached screenshot...

post-46-0-45616400-1394177132_thumb.jpg

Michael:

I think I saw something similar to what you were talking about yesterday the 1st time I looked at your door.  Yesterday it was very dark ... almost black looking on my monitor.

post-191-0-02503400-1394202597_thumb.jpg

I just imported it again today and as far as I can see it seems to be OK. 

post-191-0-90855400-1394202637_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Michael, I'm having similar issues with changing materials on a custom garage door symbol I created little while back. No matter how many times I open up the library symbol and re-assign the correct materials, they never seem to stick. Once I stick it in a plan, it's good, but for whatever reason, it's always messed up in the Library. Must be a bug.

Michael, I'm having similar issues with changing materials on a custom garage door symbol I created little while back. No matter how many times I open up the library symbol and re-assign the correct materials, they never seem to stick. Once I stick it in a plan, it's good, but for whatever reason, it's always messed up in the Library. Must be a bug.

What I did to solve my problem was take one of the doors FROM THE PLAN that had the correct materials and textures displayed and added that to my library.  I then deleted the original and everything has been fine since then.  That's how it worked for me anyhow.

What I did to solve my problem was take one of the doors FROM THE PLAN that had the correct materials and textures displayed and added that to my library.  I then deleted the original and everything has been fine since then.  That's how it worked for me anyhow.

How did you take one of the doors from the plan and add it to your library? I tried just selecting the door and clicking 'add to library', but that adds the door WITH THE FRAME, not just the door slab. Then you can't open it to edit it in the library, say to add a stretch plane.

On a side note, my door symbol seems to be getting wilder every day! :D  I originally set it to have 'Color - White' as the main color, 'Color - Black' for the window frames, and 'Glass Standard' for the windows. For a while, the window frames would change to 'Foam insulating block' and the windows to 'black'. Then the main color went to black. Yesterday, the door was some sort of burnt orange and the window frames beige vinyl siding! Now this today...

post-108-0-37850200-1395878790_thumb.png

I think you need to add to liberry  sans frame.

Aha... I just learned something today! I needed to click 'Add to Library As' (the blue icon), not 'Add to Library' (yellow icon).