Wall fill pattern in Plan View

rembocanoe66

I've used CA for years and AutoCAD since 1985. (Yeah I'm old).

In Florida we do a lot of Block house plans. (CMU) 8x16x8 concrete blocks.

Other than manually placing block patterns. Does anyone have an easy way to do wall fill patterns to show the ACTUAL CMU BLOCK Pattern in plan view. 

It would be great if it actually placed filled cells required for all window/door openings and corners. Any suggestions? 

Thanks

Ray

On 12/23/2019 at 10:16 PM, rembocanoe66 said:

I've used CA for years and AutoCAD since 1985. (Yeah I'm old).

In Florida we do a lot of Block house plans. (CMU) 8x16x8 concrete blocks.

Other than manually placing block patterns. Does anyone have an easy way to do wall fill patterns to show the ACTUAL CMU BLOCK Pattern in plan view. 

It would be great if it actually placed filled cells required for all window/door openings and corners. Any suggestions? 

Thanks

Ray

I asked this same question recently and apparently there isn't a way. I was asking for wall sections. What you may can do is insert a cad block from the library, explode it and use what you need. Thats what i did and it worked great.

• 2 years later...

Create a CAD Block. 

Multi-Copy over your Wall @ 16" o.c.

That's probably the easiest way.

Note that the Chief Core Library has some Detail Blocks for CMU but they are for vertical detail sections.  You would need to create CMU Plan View CAD Blocks:

• 8x8
  • 8x8 Filled
  • 8x16
  • 8x16 Filled
  • etc.

"Multi-Copy" and "Distribute along Line" are the tools I would use but it might also be possible to create a "Fill Pattern" to use as Wall Hatching.  AutoCAD Fill Patterns can be imported.