• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EliasGrey
    Newest Member
    EliasGrey

• By Darrellx
      I'm using home designed pro 2021.

Circled in the picture below is the area unfilled between the lower and upper roof where there is no wall.  I can extend the wall inward toward the peak to close the gap, but then area below the gap is closed off.  I've experimented, googled, and watched a bunch of video tutorials on roofs.  Actually seemed like one of the tutorial videos had a similar issue, but the instructor kinda glossed over it and changed to pitch on one roof to make it look a little better before moving on.

After banging my head for a few days, hoping someone has the answer.
      (plan is also attached for the image)
      MissingGableWall.plan
    • By Ange822
      I am drawing a cross section using 2D CAD lines (to get more detail than the automatic cross section Chief creates).
      I am having issues finding a Batt Insulation Pattern to use.

I am using Chief X9

- Chief Architect has a Block under "CAD Blocks / Detail Components / Insulation / Batt / 5.5" R-21", but unfortunately it is only 12" x 5 1/2" of size, so if I want a smaller or bigger section, it stretches the block and the proportions change. 
      - I found a free .PAT file online (attached), but It needs to be in a specific location to work, the minute I move the polyline with that pattern in it, the pattern moves with it.

I have tried to illustrate this in the attached screen shot. 
      Please let me now if anyone has any recommendations / solutions to this issue.

thanks,
      Angela 

H1INSUN1.pat
    • By ChiefuserMathews
      Hi, attached is an stair section, How can i turn off the grey fill color for stair?

• By cajunland
      Issue in X12 when using break tool to adjust wall for an extension over a column.
      Bare wall end fir stud and overhead framing stud can be seen in wall section instead of drywall.

See attached file/pic.

I do not believe soffit is viable solution as I am seeing that soffits will not frame.
      So framing is important.

Many thanks to Solver as he addressed this issue and resolved it for my needs by applying different wall types to the wall area drawing. I posted my original files as reference and Solver's solution file (1868954996_MHD_sampletemplateplanSolutionWallEnds).
      And the solution frames out too as can be seen in file with camera Perspective Floor & Perspective Framing views.

Wall End Issues.plan
      1868954996_MHD_sampletemplateplanSolutionWallEnds.plan
    • By Upward1
      please tell me how to calculate the length of all the walls