dymanic estimating

Grayson1

I am a chief user for about 3 years, personally, however, have been using since 2015

I have been in the residential custom Design/Build building business for 40 years and have been using Proest estimating for over 20 years. for those not familiar with ProEst, they wrote the original timberline estimating software. it has digital takeoff capabilities like Planswift but uses database of items to complete the estimate and proposal. I have asked both ProEst and Chief about somehow connecting the softwares but neither seem to want the merge.

My goal is the find or create some software that continually updates a completed estimate as the drawing progresses. To be clear, that already happens in chief with the takeoff of the materials, if you draw it correctly [ without using polylines to fill in the gaps, etc. ] but to have the take off materials along with the data from ProEst on labor or subcontractors, and other incidentals such as supervision, permits, rental, fixtures allowances, cleanup,  insurance, porta john, overhead etc. all to be calculated as the drawing progresses or changes, would be outstanding in the design build custom arena. 

Does anyone have thoughts about this or possible software that will do this?

12 hours ago, misterwiley said:

I would be interested in how you got that material list from Chief?

I wish Chief could do takeoffs like this.  

The OP asked for a software 

but to have the take off materials along with the data from ProEst on labor or subcontractors, and other incidentals such as supervision, permits, rental, fixtures allowances, cleanup,  insurance, porta john, overhead etc. all to be calculated as the drawing progresses or changes, would be outstanding in the design build custom arena. 

Does anyone have thoughts about this or possible software that will do this?

This was generated in my other CAD program.