Pony Wall - Materials Defect Issue

SNestor

I'm not really sure how to describe this issue so I have attached a video which better explains it.  

Here is video link:  

I'm wondering if any of you out in Chief world can recreate what I am experiencing with Chief Pony Walls.  

- Create a pony wall

- save the wall to the library

- in the library, right click on the saved wall - open it and change one of the materials.

- Now...draw the pony wall in plan.  It should appear defective...see pic attached. 

2019-12-20_14-51-53.thumb.png.ce91dfbbfd3ecb22c51def5d1e7dc79c.png

Watch the video to see exactly what I do and what happens.  Maybe I have a video card issue?  Wondering if someone could try to recreate and report back.  

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!

20 minutes ago, solver said:

Maybe attach a plan with your modified pony wall that we could then add to the library.

I can’t attach a plan - not at my computer.  However- trust me it has nothing to do with a plan or template.  Just watch the video...and attempt to duplicate it on your system and report back.  Thanks!

32 minutes ago, solver said:

It's the wall, not the plan or template. My pony walls don't show the problem.

Eric - thanks for testing this out.  For me it’s not “the” wall...this happens to any pony wall I create and then edit in the library.  Just wondering why...is it Chief or something I’m doing wrong.  

Steve, you know I'm not the brightest bulb in the box, I followed your video (I'm pretty sure) modeled the pony wall same as you saved it to my library drew the plan, looked good. Selected the wall in my library, right clicked opened object changed the cap to bright white, drew 4 new walls they look just fine????? It is a curiosity for sure!

Pony wall.png

3 hours ago, Evolution said:

Steve, you know I'm not the brightest bulb in the box, I followed your video (I'm pretty sure) modeled the pony wall same as you saved it to my library drew the plan, looked good. Selected the wall in my library, right clicked opened object changed the cap to bright white, drew 4 new walls they look just fine????? It is a curiosity for sure!

Pony wall.png

Bob - Thanks for giving this a look and feedback.  I haven’t a clue what is causing this.  I’ve reported to tech support and they seem stumped.  

Attached is a plan file that shows the original pony wall...and a wall that shows what happens after saving the original to the library, then opening that wall in the library to edit it...changed the siding material.  You will see the result.  Wacky...

If I don't change any material in the library...the wall works well...no issues.  It only gets corrupted if I edit the object in the library.  

Any idea why this happens?  

Plan file:  Pony Wall Example Plan.plan

Result:  

2019-12-20_21-38-16.thumb.png.443f83273ad7d3d9331f86c64840577c.png

1 hour ago, solver said:

I imagine you noticed the missing defaults.

ct1.thumb.png.b93c01d0defa38f3c40d7d838dc0a7c4.png

Eric - yes, this is what happens to the library object when edited in the library.  If you watched the movie I made I showed this.  

My question is...why does making a change to a material wipe out all of these predefined materials and corrupt the object.  

UPDATE:  Chief has been able to duplicate the issue and are researching it.  So...I guess that's good news.  At least I know it's not me :huh:

I was told the temporary solution is to not edit walls in the library...

Hopefully they get it fixed soon.  

14 hours ago, SNestor said:

UPDATE:  Chief has been able to duplicate the issue and are researching it.  So...I guess that's good news.  At least I know it's not me :huh:

I was told the temporary solution is to not edit walls in the library...

Hopefully they get it fixed soon.  

Steve, that's curious though? You have the problem when you edit the walls in library, and I'm pretty sure I did the same exact same you did, but when I edited the wall in the library, didn't have the same results? Can't wait to find out what Chief TS comes back with. 

2 hours ago, Evolution said:

Steve, that's curious though? You have the problem when you edit the walls in library, and I'm pretty sure I did the same exact same you did, but when I edited the wall in the library, didn't have the same results? Can't wait to find out what Chief TS comes back with. 

Bob - watch the videos Eric did.  Seems to have something to do with the default pony wall.  I can’t seem to find the common denominator...to me it doesn’t matter if I create a custom pony wall or use the OOB pony wall Chief includes with their standard templates.