Duplicate Symbols

Rashid_Garuba

It could be a library update issue.  I once had a folder that somehow got into my user library with all of my template file materials in it but never figured out how it got there.  Maybe check with tech support if you don't get a good answer here.

• 2 months later...

Mick,

It's been a while on this but finally called Chief Support and they duplicated the same and will research why it is happening.... Type in "blue" and this is my result.. The resulting duplicates point to ONE material in the Core Libraries.. Materials duplicated JUST in the search. Replacing all Core libraries made no difference.  No one else has noticed this..?

3-6-2020 1-17-55 PM.jpg

Several library objects are contained in multiple folders.  Take the Benjamin Moore colors in your examples.  You can find many/most of the same colors in both the Canada folder and in the United States folder.

Same thing holds true for some Core Catalog items as well.  For example, you can find Blue Corrugated Metal under both Sheet Metal>Corrugated and Siding & Paneling>Metal>Corrugated.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rashid_Garuba said:

These duplicates however, locate the same material when you right-click and show in folder.. Not a huge deal ultimately, but weird.

I doubt it.  Look a little closer and see what folder they're located in.  Like I said...

"You can find many/most of the same colors in both the Canada folder and in the United States folder." 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rashid_Garuba said:

These duplicates however, locate the same material when you right-click and show in folder.. Not a huge deal ultimately, but weird.

I concur with Michael. Same material name, different folder locations.