Title search help

winterdd

18 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Are you talking about the compass rose or the view title or the callout, or...?  

view title/callout. as you know, the default callout thats gets generated when sent to layout is something like "electrical plan view", "floorplan view" etc. 

Rob we have been trying to get some improvements and automation to that system.

But for now you can use a manual callout and some rich text or macro's to generate the look you need. I could be a lot easier though with some extra support.

5 hours ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

view title/callout. as you know, the default callout thats gets generated when sent to layout is something like "electrical plan view", "floorplan view" etc. 

Your question is super confusing then.  Why the following reference?

5 hours ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

I know where the north icons are but do we have this exact type showing all directions?

Your thread title made it sound like you were talking about the view title itself and then you said the above thing about "north" and multiple "directions", and then you circled the whole entire thing which included another object entirely (the callout), and then you you called the auto generated label a "callout".  To get some better assistance, I would highly recommend you try to A; clarify things a little better, and B; use Chief's terminology whenever you possibly can.  When I start to describe to someone how to achieve any given task or ask a question of my own, I will pretty commonly open look back at Chief and double check what their exact terminology is just so I don't confuse matters.  Anyway, just to clarify, this is a Layout Box Label...

Label.thumb.png.7875396771539740a4a54eaddd402eee.png

This is a Callout...

Callout.thumb.png.9344ff284f49f78bb7ca020b8d0c2b20.png

There is no default callout that gets generated when sending to layout.  Only a Default Label  As Chop already mentioned, you have to place the callout and title yourself.  Most people just create a CAD Block like Chop did, position it accordingly and modify as necessary for any given view.  The macros he used are some pretty standard built in macros that are very simple to use and that reference information placed by the user (you) into the layout page information fields...

macros.thumb.png.870db299875388122e1b16aaa2e40786.png

...and the compass rose is really quite easy to create with our various CAD tools.  Sorry, it's not the most in-depth and I kinda raced through a few things, but here's a quick custom tutorial video and custom "Compass Rose" CAD Block on the house.  Merry Christmas...

Compass Rose.calibz

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

On 12/17/2019 at 11:47 PM, Alaskan_Son said:

Your question is super confusing then.  Why the following reference?

Your thread title made it sound like you were talking about the view title itself and then you said the above thing about "north" and multiple "directions", and then you circled the whole entire thing which included another object entirely (the callout), and then you you called the auto generated label a "callout".  To get some better assistance, I would highly recommend you try to A; clarify things a little better, and B; use Chief's terminology whenever you possibly can.  When I start to describe to someone how to achieve any given task or ask a question of my own, I will pretty commonly open look back at Chief and double check what their exact terminology is just so I don't confuse matters.  Anyway, just to clarify, this is a Layout Box Label...

Label.thumb.png.7875396771539740a4a54eaddd402eee.png

This is a Callout...

Callout.thumb.png.9344ff284f49f78bb7ca020b8d0c2b20.png

There is no default callout that gets generated when sending to layout.  Only a Default Label  As Chop already mentioned, you have to place the callout and title yourself.  Most people just create a CAD Block like Chop did, position it accordingly and modify as necessary for any given view.  The macros he used are some pretty standard built in macros that are very simple to use and that reference information placed by the user (you) into the layout page information fields...

macros.thumb.png.870db299875388122e1b16aaa2e40786.png

...and the compass rose is really quite easy to create with our various CAD tools.  Sorry, it's not the most in-depth and I kinda raced through a few things, but here's a quick custom tutorial video and custom "Compass Rose" CAD Block on the house.  Merry Christmas...

Compass Rose.calibz

i have spent the last several nights practicing cad work in CA. it's fairly simple. I guess i was figuring chief was way more advanced enough to cut down on manual drafting details but i get it now. cool......i just may can cancel my subscription to autocad for all my details i normally draw in it. i'm honored to have had my compass rose used as a demo, lol.

16 hours ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

I guess i was figuring chief was way more advanced enough to cut down on manual drafting details but i get it now.

It really is.  There are a lot of things you can avoid drafting if you both model things correctly and learn to use the right tools.  For example, making use of the Auto Detail tool, making use of cross section cameras, learning to break section cut  lines and use backclip settings, adding CAD to live elevations as necessary, using CAD Detail From View, using CAD masks, using the Edit Layout Lines tool, using appropriate Layer Display settings, etc. etc.  We'll always have a little drafting to do, but the more proficient you become with the tools we have available, the less work you'll have to do in the 2D department.

• Upvote 2