Rope Light Bleed

PamelaMellon

Hi all, I can not eliminate the "Rope Light Bleep" coming thru the cabinet frame and around the door hardware. Any suggestions? I have adjusted the lights lowered the lumens etc.  This is never a problem with standard wall cabinets so not sure what I am doing wrong here. 

Thanks Pamela

Mellon Design Studio LTD.

Rope Light Bleed.jpg

I had that happen to some wall cabinets and I found I had placed the rope lighting half way inside and half way outside the bottom of the cabinet box and it showed inside and out.  You may want to check the positioning height of the rope light compared to the bottom of the cabinet toe kick.  I found I was only off 7/16". Once I move it down that amount it fixed it

Thanks Rob, I have been futzing with it to no end. I changed the door style and hardware, a bit of an improvement but.... pulled a section and adjusted increments off the floor by 1/16th... still not getting good results. urrrrgh! Will keep at it and post the final formula that worked. :-)

I’ve never put rope lights under a toe kick like that and I’m away from my computer so I can’t test this, but I suspect it has something to do with the way Chief treats that toe kick area as part of the main cabinet box shape.  I would recommend trying 2 different things…

1.  Create and apply an L-shaped molding profile to surround the light (behind and above), separating it from the cabinet.  Either that or use some other 3D object(s) for the same purpose.

2.  If that first one doesn’t work, maybe break that cabinet into two different cabinets. One for the box, and one shallower cabinet for the toe kick area below.

So turned off photon mapping and caustic's, and every possible configuration ,  adjusted the property of all  materials possible. While  the recessed kick space lighting is behaving, the moody feel of the first image is lost. Rear lite vanity mirrors etc...

Adjusted Image Properties.jpg

6 minutes ago, PamelaMellon said:

So turned off photon mapping and caustic's, and every possible configuration ,  adjusted the property of all  materials possible. While  the recessed kick space lighting is behaving, the moody feel of the first image is lost. Rear lite vanity mirrors etc...

Adjusted Image Properties.jpg

I can see now from your second picture that those cabinets are floating. I didn’t realize that before.  Have you tried putting another object between your cabinet and the rope light?  And are you sure the bottom of those cabinets is solid?

Sorry for the delayed reply, Alaskan Son. No the cabinets are not floating I  recessed the toe kick back to 7" and it seems to have worked, along with all the other adjustments, Thank you for your suggestions... but perhaps in X12 the program will allow for more varied applications of Rope Lighting :-)