Windows 10 Bottom Task Bar

RobUSMC

Seems to have been an issue for a couple of Chief versions now ( or Win10 + Chief?) so I find it best not to maximise the screen and just drag it to "almost" full screen  ie just a hair above the taskbar  , as I also find the auto-hide taskbar a PITA due to it popping up every time I go down to the Chief Edit Toolbar

M.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, solver said:

I know you know that the taskbar can go on any edge of the display. I keep mine on the right where it's out of the way.

I did used to do that actually but now I have multiple Screens I prefer (need?) them on the bottom , but like Rob have found after some time that Chief seems to start ignoring the Taskbar at some point and I have to cycle the min/max all the time, so I just don't go max anymore....

M.

14 hours ago, RobUSMC said:

I have attached a screen print of my screen when I have CA up.  What has other done to fix the Windows 10 bottom task bar partial cover the bottom toolbar or chief.

Thanks

Windows Task Bar.png

If you hover your cursor where the taskbar and Chief meet, a dragging arrow should appear and you may be able to drag the taskbar down to its minimum height. I have a feeling your taskbar may at some point have been inadvertently adjusted.

15 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

so I find it best not to maximise the screen and just drag it to "almost" full screen  ie just a hair above the taskbar  , as I also find the auto-hide taskbar a PITA due to it popping up every time I go down to the Chief Edit Toolbar

I quit using the auto-hide feature some time back for this very reason. It seemed to work OK with all of my software "except" Chief. I got tired of having to fight with it and the edit toolbar so changed to the way Mick suggests.