dual dimensioning

tinyhouseguy

25 minutes ago, solver said:

You could help others out by saying what you did and where you found the info -- giving back a little to the forum.

I would assume he is referring to using Primary Format ( above the line) and Secondary Format ( below the line) for his dimension Defaults. 

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00055/displaying-metric-and-imperial-units-on-a-single-dimension-line.html

M.

55 minutes ago, solver said:

You could help others out by saying what you did and where you found the info -- giving back a little to the forum.

Eric, I gave back when I answered your questions. Please quit giving me a hard time for you have never SOLVED anything for me.         

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

4 hours ago, tinyhouseguy said:

Well finally bought x11, and notice the first thing I try to do is dual dimensioning, and the instructions are terrible, help, please.

Interesting, I am not familiar with that function (showing secondary units of measurement in single dimension line )

Now I know.

May I ask why you are needing to have this show in a plan ?

So the plan could work on more than one country ?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JJohnson said:

Interesting, I am not familiar with that function (showing secondary units of measurement in single dimension line )

Now I know.

May I ask why you are needing to have this show in a plan ?

So the plan could work on more than one country ?

yes

• Downvote 1

Well finally bought x11, and notice the first thing I try to do is dual dimensioning, and the instructions are terrible, help, please.

To be quite frank, the instructions aren’t terrible, your question is terrible.  You have to put in a little more effort if you want accurate results and answers.  For starters, describe what you mean by “dual dimensions” and perhaps post a screenshot showing what you’re looking for.  And just FYI, saying things like this...

1 hour ago, tinyhouseguy said:

Eric, I gave back when I answered your questions. Please quit giving me a hard time for you have never SOLVED anything for me.         

...is a super efficient and effective way of burning bridges.  I for one am a lot less likely to donate my valuable time helping someone who says something like that...especially if they don’t seem too keen on properly learning from answers they’ve already been given...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I found it,,thank you

I found it under Dual dimensioning, but I was little confused, but I figured it out. 

...and BTW, if this is your idea of “giving back”, I think I can speak for most users  when I say No Thank You.  I’ll focus my efforts elsewhere.  

Seriously though, I’m not trying to be mean, just blunt...where did you look “ under Dual dimensioning”?  What does that even mean?  Chief has nothing with that name.  Were you looking on YouTube?  User Guide?  Chief’s Knowledge Base articles?  Chief’s tutorial videos?  Someone else’s tutorial videos?  Why not tell us what tools you actually clicked on and what settings you changed?  Now that would actually be a helpful way to “give back”.    

Your response just sounds lazy and definitely carried no spirit of helpfulness.  To each his own, but I’m just trying to be straight when I say that attitude won’t get you too far when seeking “free” knowledge and assistance here on the forums.  

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

To be quite frank, the instructions aren’t terrible, your question is terrible.  You have to put in a little more effort if you want accurate results and answers.  For starters, describe what you mean by “dual dimensions” and perhaps post a screenshot showing what you’re looking for.  And just FYI, saying things like this...

...is a super efficient and effective way of burning bridges.  I for one am a lot less likely to donate my valuable time helping someone who says something like that...especially if they don’t seem too keen on properly learning from answers they’ve already been given...

I'm not sure what the davidjpotter thing is about, but if Eric or anyone for that matter would have typed in any of the responses I gave in the search bar, all would be clear. If someone is an instructor I would think that as a layman they would understand that something may need to be figured out by the instruction.      

• Downvote 8

4 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

...and BTW, if this is your idea of “giving back”, I think I can speak for most users  when I say No Thank You.  I’ll focus my efforts elsewhere.  

Seriously though, I’m not trying to be mean, just blunt...where did you look “ under Dual dimensioning”?  What does that even mean?  Chief has nothing with that name.  Were you looking on YouTube?  User Guide?  Chief’s Knowledge Base articles?  Chief’s tutorial videos?  Someone else’s tutorial videos?  Why not tell us what tools you actually clicked on and what settings you changed?  Now that would actually be a helpful way to “give back”.    

Your response just sounds lazy and definitely carried no spirit of helpfulness.  To each his own, but I’m just trying to be straight when I say that attitude won’t get you too far when seeking “free” knowledge and assistance here on the forums.  

look above, Displaying Metric...is exactly the name of the article that Eric asked for, talk about lazy.   

• Downvote 9

Well. Mr Tiny House, I think you have likely lost most of us here at the forum, who in future will see a post from you and click right past.

Any quick foray into Chief's HELP dialogs when exploring the dimension defaults setup would have exposed the term "secondary" which you gotta admit is getting near your preferred term of "dual."

So dual off, guy.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

17 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

Well. Mr Tiny House, I think you have likely lost most of us here at the forum, who in future will see a post from you and click right past.

Any quick foray into Chief's HELP dialogs when exploring the dimension defaults setup would have exposed the term "secondary" which you gotta admit is getting near your preferred term of "dual."

So dual off, guy.

It will be an honor not to hear from you.  

• Downvote 7

11 hours ago, tinyhouseguy said:

There is no one that gives more to this forum than Eric.  I think your comment was quite rude and uncalled for.  Nasty isn’t going to get you help in the future.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Eric might be the greatest guy on here for those who are Architects and those that have knowledge in this field,but for me I have always felt he was not interested in helping or a little flexible in his thinking to help someone like me with a limited vocabulary and knowledge.     

• Downvote 9

2 hours ago, tinyhouseguy said:

Eric might be the greatest guy on here for those who are Architects and those that have knowledge in this field,but for me I have always felt he was not interested in helping or a little flexible in his thinking to help someone like me with a limited vocabulary and knowledge.     

Where the hel* did you gather that conclusion from? There have been numerous times where I've searched for something on this forum I was having an issue with and quite a few of those times it was ERIC's response that helped me figure out what I needed. The guys chiming in here are the guys that help other out on the forum the most. Why bicker with them? I guess you should just memorize Chief's support number because quite a few of these guys are probably going to overlook your posts in the future... Good Luck!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, tinyhouseguy said:

Everyone has been to school, some instructors you like, some you don't. Some instructors like some students more than others, that's life, but if you're going to give me a hard time every time I ask a question then I'm going to speak up.      

Educate yourself a little bit. I know this isn't your first time on this forum. So I know you've seen the numerous times they've posted about how to ask good questions to get good answers. Read into this a little bit. If they ask you to clarify something, don't have an attitude. Show a little respect. I've been using Chief for YEARS. I wouldn't be where I was today without some of these guys. I can't begin to tell you the amount of times some of these guys got my as* out of a predicament. Maybe apologize to the forum and learn from some of the best. Because some of the best are the ones you're fighting with...

• Upvote 1

Let's all try and remember that new people may not always be aware of the best ways to use this forum and some of the unwritten rules of forum etiquette.  If we can help them become more successful, then usually everyone wins.  And, if you ever find yourself becoming frustrated or angry, it might be a good time to step away from your keyboard and take a depth breath instead of posting.

There is a sticky post at the top of the forums that has some useful information about how to get good answers when you ask questions:

And I would like to remind everyone of our forum guidelines:

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Dermot said:

Let's all try and remember that new people may not always be aware of the best ways to use this forum and some of the unwritten rules of forum etiquette.  If we can help them become more successful, then usually everyone wins.

I agree, but in this case, I feel like you may be pandering a bit.  There's unwritten rules of forum etiquette, and there's just basic common courtesy.  I really think we're talking about the latter here, and unless this particular user can accept a little warranted criticism and adjust accordingly, they're not going to get far.  I guess the bottom line is that sometimes things need to be said to help set people on the right path.  I haven't always liked things I've been told, but it's typically the tough conversations that help us grow.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1