Here I go again - forgetting

Nauti1

As I mentioned in a recent post, I was able to find a Cad Block that represented a 2 Story cross section that I was able to place onto a layout. As a Cad detail I was unable to edit it until I "exploded" it. I was then able to edit it & make the changes I wanted. However, the "image" is no longer a Cad detail. I thought I would be able to re-identify it as such, but now find out I haven't been able to figure out how to do that. So, my question is: Since it's now a bunch of lines used to depict a wall cross-section on a layout page is there a way to make it a Cad Detail so I can re-use it or move it around elsewhere on the page, or to another page, etc.? I've researched my CA 10 manual; have tried the Cad menu to create a new Cad detail, but it doesn't want to work as it prefers to do that from an existing cross section. I also tried View to Cad, but without success.

Also, is there a way I can capture a bunch of lines in a view & delete them all at once?

As before. thanks again for all your help.

Al

Using the proper words is important.  I believe what you’re trying to do is create a CAD Block (as opposed to a CAD Detail--as you called it throughout most of your post).  Group select the linework with a marquee (drag a box around it) and then you should see the Make CAD Block tool (looks like a box)...at least that’s the way it’s worked for the last 8 or 9 versions.  

• Upvote 1

Thank you Michael (Alaskan Son).

I did use the wrong terminology and should have use Cad Block instead of Cad Detail.

Actually I tried several time to select the entire grouping, but I was unable due to a lapse in memory. I forgot to use the "Shift" key when using the Select Tool and couldn't capture the entire cross section, only one element of it at a time. As they say "Duh".

I've saved the 2 Story Cross Section in my Master Layout file for future use, starting with the project I'm now working on for my nephew.

Happy Days are are here again! 

Thank you again - you really made my day!