Half Basement-Half Crawl Space Issues

wjmdes

Trying to learn how this all works, and I am having some issues with this foundation.  I am working on a test plan to make this work, so I can save it for future reference and use on this project that has been approved by the historic district and I am now putting into production.  I faked most of this stuff for the preliminary.

This is a little quirky as it is in Atlanta’s historic district and requires the brick veneer at the foundation level.  The lower level, I have a part slab and part framed.  On the main floor, I will have a crawl space under the front portion.  I have had quite a few issues with this, but have worked most out on my own using the resources here.

Exterior.thumb.JPG.af4ef0a32c3b3ae234a7066c325541f3.JPG

So, I have a few questions:

1.        What is the consensus for putting the basement level on “0” or “1”?  I know there has been talk about it in the past.  I was just always putting basements at the foundation level and that has messed me up on a few jobs, but generally works.  On this one I am putting the basement at "0" because of the slab/framed floor, but then I have the upper crawl space area.

Plan.thumb.JPG.4053d83df7fdfb2c62a4c05a45fd1039.JPG

2.        I am getting extra slabs being generated.

Section.thumb.JPG.16805dc77a1c67f8e5cc90580c6207b8.JPG

3.       My foundation is going to require 2 plans to show all the information, or I just show cad lines on the main foundation level “0” for the “Foundation Plan”, any suggestions?

4.       The pony wall is unique in that I need to have the top part of the walls siding come out far enough to clear the face of the brick wall below.  I will probably post a second thread for that.

Capture.thumb.JPG.0fdbaef00e583466dd75770571ac2a0d.JPG

If this is not as simple as I am hoping, I am more than willing to go through it with someone who understands what is going on and compensate you for your time.  After years of using this program and not using it to it's full ability I am bound and determine to learn all I can.

temp.plan

16 minutes ago, solver said:

See if these settings fix the extra footing and extra slab.

It did get rid of the extra slab on the left side, but if I check "Floor Supplied by Foundation Room Below", it removes the wood floor system and only allows a slab, which still leaves me with this extra slab showing under the floor system.  The extra footing is gone also.  Thank you.

Section.thumb.JPG.6e2dfeb78185781f202cb97293ed354c.JPG

2.) You seem to have some room height issues on level 0 ie the ceiling and floor heights are the same ie -12/58 or - 4 .....I turned off Floors under those Rooms in the Struct. Tab and the additional slabs disappeared. (deleting the floor structure material may help too - no extra cad lines....)

image.thumb.png.2cb4436e178e9c3a16d679e5bbb14a6a.png

3. )  Try using Chief's new, in X11, Reference Display in SPVs to show both foundations on one Plan view

4.)  As Eric mentioned we don't have control of that 100 % yet but playing with the wall definition and alignment settings may work

but I tried another way......I added a 1" Airgap layer (invisible) to the exterior of the wall and it seems to work okay*

* though I am not sure how it may react in the whole model as I did not try it..... 

image.thumb.png.74aa8f2ac6bcf3547db04ee8dc33e56c.png

5.) the Wall that is Brick in 3D is not using the Default material but the brick - force the exterior material back to default.... ( grey running bond.)

image.thumb.png.afa472351890b69d5743d1c638861763.png

6.) look like you got the extra foundation footing sorted out....

M.