Changing dimension text

capitaldesigns

How do you change individual dimension text in a dimension line. I have a dimension string that has a lot of smaller dimension like 1'-1", 1'-2" and 1'-3".

They are writing over each other. I was told that there is a way to change individual dimensions where I could change them to read 13", 14" and 15".

This way they will not be placed on top of each other. Does anyone know how to do this ?

Thanks,

Mike

2 minutes ago, capitaldesigns said:

A couple of years ago someone told me an easy way to change a single dimension in a string.

I should of wrote it down. I haven't needed do to this until now. I forgot how to do it

If you remember let me know as I am not sure it is possible in X11 or any previous version without a text overlay maybe.

19 minutes ago, capitaldesigns said:

How do you change individual dimension text in a dimension line. I have a dimension string that has a lot of smaller dimension like 1'-1", 1'-2" and 1'-3".

They are writing over each other. I was told that there is a way to change individual dimensions where I could change them to read 13", 14" and 15".

This way they will not be placed on top of each other. Does anyone know how to do this ?

Open the dimension string and on the Primary Format panel, uncheck Use Default Formatting and change Format > Units to inches. 

• Upvote 1