Electrical Symbols

RobUSMC

Is there a way to add text as a default electrical symbol or change the fill color? I would to do a few things... One...  is the be able to show existing electrical versus new electrical that we are adding such as which can lights are existing and which are new.  Two...  be able to add text to an electrical outlet.  I would like to signify on a plan which outlets are backsplash versus other wall outlets such as an outlet for a vent hood, cooktop, interior cabinet lighting outlet or others. For the plan I made a few simple CAD line drawings to show these.  It is the same outlet symbol with a "BS" in the middle of it to show it is a backsplash outlet. (See attached)  Another reason for this is because sometimes especially in an island where I have an just an enclosure panel for an ice maker or dishwasher that are not actual cabinets.  A surface outlet will usually connect itself the the side of a panel but not to the back of the opening where an outlet would be installed because it is not an actual cabinet and there's no surface for it to connect to.  Thanks for any input.

Can Light Labeling.png

CAD Outlets.png

Backsplash Outlet.png

Island Outlets.png

Rob,  You can do all of that and also add a transparent fill in X11.  You just need to create that cad blocks that I see you already have done and them assign them to the appropriately renamed symbols under the 2D Block tab of the symbol.  Just be aware that there will be an offset issue if you add something to the block that is not symmetrical.  You can offset the symbol from the block in the DBX but it is usually better to include something extra in your block that balances it up like some extra blank spaces in your text box to maintain the center snap point.