New and existing footings

capitaldesigns

I am working on a room addition project with a raised foundation. Chief has a speckled hatch pattern on all of the stem walls, new and existing.
I usually show this hatch pattern on new footing only.

Is there a way to have the hatch pattern on new the footing and the existing footing not having a hatch pattern. The building departments

require us to hatch the new footings to distinguish them from the existing footings.

Thanks,

Mike 

6 hours ago, joey_martin said:

You need to have 2 wall types. One for new and one for existing.

This won't change the plan display of footings though, correct? The wall footings are on the same layer (1 layer only) regardless of the wall types and layers. I'm working on the exact same thing right now. There are a couple of choices to distinguish the existing footings from new footings:

-draw a new CAD p-line over either the existing or new footings with separate settings

-turn off footings on the as-built foundation walls, and replace with slabs or p-solids or a molding, which can be layer set and controlled

If the auto-built footings can be layer controlled, I also need to learn how! And right away...I'm completing my drawings as we discuss this.

The OP is about plan display control of footings. This requires a simple workaround as footings won't display differently. I use a standard polyline drawn on top of the footings in plan view for existing walls. I place this polyline on its own layer, copied from the footing layer, and change only the layer line color to a medium gray. 

Thank you. I see that we can create another footing type. One with the stem wall hatched (new) and the other without a hatch pattern (existing)

It would be better if we could put a hatch pattern on the footing as well.

Adding or subtracting a hatch pattern on the stem walls works for raised foundations, what about slab footings ? If the project you are working

on has a lot of footings it could be time consuming to draw a polyline around them so you can add a hatch pattern.

Hopefully CA will give us the ability to add a hatch to the footings. 

It would be very helpful if Chief would give all of us remodelers more tools for new and existing even though it can all be made a part of a template plan. basically I have set up mine many years ago and not had to mess around with it since except for minor adjustments.