Hoping for a recollection & source

Nauti1

I've been a CA user for a very long time, starting with CA 5, going through the updates and finally ending up with CA 10.8, a dinosaur I know, but It's still usable. It's been quite a few years since I've done any house designs, but recently my nephew asked if I could design his house. I couldn't say no.

So now I find myself re-learning CA at the age of 77 and my memory is lacking. I've managed to come up with a viable concept, but will shortly have to develop construction drawing on layout for printing at a local print shop. So far, it's been slow, yet I'm making good progress. However, I used to have a "Notations/Specifications" sheet which included a "Two Story Sectional - Typical Construction Details" reference construction drawing that I included on this same layout page.

So, unfortunately I'm now unable to find it in my files as a separate file that I could copy into the layout I'm working on, plus I can't even find an old house house design that I could copy the image from its layout to my current one.

Bottom line is I'm hoping one of  you might know of what I'm referring to and can guide me to its location so I can copy it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Al

Thanks Chopsaw. I hadn't thought of that and have since checked into that option.
Unfortunately, I've checked out the Cad Details of the CA files that I have, but haven't found the typical cross-sectional construction details for a two-story residence. I also Googled this, but didn't find the one that I was looking for. I'll keep looking. Thank you again for your suggestion.

Al

Thanks Doug,Although helpful it's not quite what I had in mind.

I found this image via Google. It is similar to what I had on my earlier designs, i.e. on the master  "Notations/Specifications" layout page. This image below is a PDF file & I don't know how to copy it onto the layout I'm working on. If I could do that & be able to edit it, then that would most likely solve my problem. As it is now I cannot simply copy & paste - it doesn't work. Actually, I've found other PDF files that could work with some editing, but my real problem now is how to get it onto a layout page & be able to edit it.

Oh well, the search continues.

Thanks again,

Al

09-WJG-Residential_Section.jpg

46 minutes ago, Nauti1 said:

Thanks Doug,Although helpful it's not quite what I had in mind.

I found this image via Google. It is similar to what I had on my earlier designs, i.e. on the master  "Notations/Specifications" layout page. This image below is a PDF file & I don't know how to copy it onto the layout I'm working on. If I could do that & be able to edit it, then that would most likely solve my problem. As it is now I cannot simply copy & paste - it doesn't work. Actually, I've found other PDF files that could work with some editing, but my real problem now is how to get it onto a layout page & be able to edit it.

Oh well, the search continues.

Thanks again,

Al

09-WJG-Residential_Section.jpg

If I remember correctly, in CA 10 you need to save the PDF as a png since it will be smaller than a PDF, in an easy location like desk top. Then open your layout file, the sheet you want the cad detail on, go to file>import> and near the top of the list you’ll see import pdf, png image, import it to your layout. You can crop the size but I don’t think you can edit it . You (should be able to) can draw over it with the cad tools though.

Does v10 allow .DWG import ?   PDF files can be converted to .DWG although results are sometimes variable when importing to Chief.   You are almost always better off working within the software as Solver suggested if possible rather than importing something.

Thank you all for your suggestions; they were helpful.

I hate to admit this, but my memory failed me again. Although I couldn't find and "editable" cad detail online for a typical two-story construction, I did find one that I will use.

Solver triggered a thought for me to look in the CA Library, i.e. Cad/Cad Block/Residential Cross-Section/Two Story/Two Story Wall Section. It's  not exactly what I used before, but I can now edit it to suit.

Thank you all again!