B1InitializeLibrary failed 0xc0000185

Cheryl_C_Crane

I could not get my Library to display after running the Updater this morning. I Closed CA X11 and set the computer for a restart. Saw this message: B1InitializeLibrary failed 0xc0000185

When the computer came back up I still don't have my Library.

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance!489070465_Librayisgone.thumb.PNG.d5c49d426a6daf3636eb4e89ed03aebf.PNG

Unfortunately, that's not a message that I have ever seen.  I'm not sure if this is the result of a system problem or some corrupt library files.  You may have to call tech support on Monday morning.

If I was going to try things at home on a weekend, I would first start with a reboot of my system.  For good measure you might also want to do a virus scan to see if there are any other problems going on.  The next thing I would do would be to find the actual library files on the machine to see if they are still there and all have reasonable file sizes.  It's possible that the ones you have are somehow corrupt now.  In theory, you should always be able to just re-download the core libraries and be back up and running.  As for any custom libraries that you have, you may want to look for your most recent backups of them and see if you can get one of them to work.  I wouldn't bother trying to do anything with your custom libraries until you have the core libraries installed and working though.

There is some more info about library problems here:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-02772/troubleshooting-library-download-issues.html

I spoke with Cameron w Tech Support and I'm fully functional again. He said that type of error message is usually a Win10 error and not a SEH that CA generates.

I knew that my Libraries were all intact because I could place a cabinet and change a door to another Manuf. That let me see all the folders. But. I couldn't open the Library directly.

Cameron suggested that the Library had simply gotten squished and all it took was to pull down below the Search Library area. He was correct, I'm all is well.

We don't know what caused the Win 10 error, but it was probably corrected in all the rebooting.

Thanks to all that checked their systems for me, It's so great that there is someone caring on this forum pretty much 24*7*365.