Check Boxes X5

raltd9245

I'm working on a plan without a roof deck. It is a T.I. I keep getting the check box telling me so. I check "don't as me again" but the next time I open the plan I get the check box. Why can't Chief remember what I want.  :rolleyes: 

Why can't Chief remember what I want.

I see a "Suggestion" in your future. It reminds me of a song from the Boradway Musical "My Fair Lady" ("Why can't the English, learn to speak"). Who tis is perhaps relevant is that software like Chief doesn't "remember" or "think" or "Have judgement" because it is merely a mechanical device. Such things can be altered (rewritten) but expecting a mechanical device to have manners or to correct its own behavior is not workable,

I think that Chief could be rewritten to "remember" certain preferences but it would have to be rewritten by people in order to do so.

DJP

I'm working on a plan without a roof deck. It is a T.I. I keep getting the check box telling me so. I check "don't as me again" but the next time I open the plan I get the check box. Why can't Chief remember what I want.  :rolleyes: 

The program has no objections to balconies over living space. Decks on the other hand will get you a warning message.

Not sure if this helps your sitution, but anytime you build a "deck" other than one in the ground...change it to a balcony.