Wall Bridging for LGF Steel Walls (Light Guauge Framing)

ACADuser

1 hour ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Actually, it can.  One thing I do all the time is simply copy an existing framing member in the wall detail and use that for whatever I need.  It becomes part of that wall.  

Yes, My mistake. A general framing member created in a wall detail is part of that wall's framing and certainly will move with the wall.

11 hours ago, robdyck said:

Yes, My mistake. A general framing member created in a wall detail is part of that wall's framing and certainly will move with the wall.

If you copy a Wall Stud as Michael suggested and rotate it 90° you can then get the U+C-Channel to work as Wall Blocking in 3D too.  ( no idea why ) , and depending on the rotation the U will be up or down.

image.thumb.png.fb8b5e6b265ff67d18b7b0f7caf66b63.png

Yeah, with Walls stacked like that it would be tricky, you could try a few (4?) "fake" floors set to Open Below perhaps to get all the different Wall Heights ( and thicknesses) and the Parapet at the Top, not sure Pony Walls would help but possibly a combo of them and extra fake floors would work....

M.

• 7 months later...

Working on another project and used pony walls to make all the different walls.

I don't think I will do it again. It is very difficult adjusting all the different wall thicknesses and managing wall returns.

Psolids are much simpler and now that you can adjust in camera views which is great.

The only issue I've seen is the adjustment in camera can change the psolid into a shape & that will change the objects layer to the default layer.

CA Pony Walls.JPG