freehand drawing on screen for collaboration?

Lighthouse

I use Skype etc. for screen-sharing collaboration with remote partners.  I need to be able to freehand draw on the screen, add notes, circle things, etc very quickly.  I don't think the text and drawing tools in CA are quick enough for this kind of thing.  I bought a Wacom tablet thinking I could just draw over CA, but just realized it doesn't work that way, it has to draw in a program that supports it. (I could use it in CA, but CA doesn't have a freehand drawing mode that I'm aware of).   Does anyone know how to do this kind of marking up a screen share, where you have pretty accurate control with the drawing?  (sometimes I need to make small, careful corrections for the other person to see).

Actually I may have just found the answer here:  http://www.goldgingko.com/screen-marker/

Edited by Lighthouse
new info

yes, but I need to jump all around the project, so it would be lots of screenshots.  Also, sometimes I want to zoom in, and without the context of where I started to zoom, the screenshot would be hard to understand.  I'm kind of surprised there isn't something that just lets you draw on the "screen", regardless of what program you are in.

Hi David,

I did a search for your question on the web and found out that Windows 10 has a feature called "Windows Ink Workspace" built right in!

I do see your sig says you are still on Windows 8, is this correct? If so there is another option a small program called "Zoomit"

There are several program options out there.

2 hours ago, MPDesign said:

Hi David,

I did a search for your question on the web and found out that Windows 10 has a feature called "Windows Ink Workspace" built right in!

I do see your sig says you are still on Windows 8, is this correct? If so there is another option a small program called "Zoomit"

There are several program options out there.

Michael, thanks much for looking into that, I'm actually on Windows 10 so I will check it out.