The sharper image. How to get best resolution for 3D floor view

GeneDavis

Putting these 3D birdseye view of a floor on the CDs seems all the rage.  Look at all the Chief sample plans.

How does one get the best resolution?  I bring up the view in Chief, carefully orient it, and then export a picture.  Importing into layout, I don't see the resolution I would like.

"...and then export a picture."

When you export a picture to a separate file, you have the ability to specify the actual image size.  So in theory, you can create a very high resolution image if that is what you want.  By default, the program will use the size of the screen though.

That said, why not send it to layout as a live view instead?  One of the advantages of a live view is that it will use the most appropriate image resolution when you print it out.  It also has the advantage of being "live" so that if you change anything in the model, the image will look correct and you will not have to regenerate it manually.  I would suggest that you play around with the live views to see if they might work out better for you.

• Upvote 1

From the testing I have done in the last week or two for the same issue the Quality is better if you export and then re-import than if you "Send to Layout" as an Image directly but it still isn't as nice as the view on the Screen, in Layout, once Printed to PDF for some reason? maybe it is the PDF generation causing issues ? not the quality of the initial Pic? It may have to do with keeping the size (mb) of the PDF low ? so it downsamples the images automatically making them look all "jaggy".

M.