Background in library browser

Designer1

Is it possible to change the background color in the library browser?  Im finding it hard to fully view selected library items, especially light fixtures with the white background.  I clicked around but couldn't find a place where I could adjust this.

Thanks!

12 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Is it possible to change the background color in the library browser?  Im finding it hard to fully view selected library items, especially light fixtures with the white background.  I clicked around but couldn't find a place where I could adjust this.

Thanks!

I believe this follows the default settings of the Floor Camera. Change the backdrop color there and the library will change as well.

1 hour ago, robdyck said:

I believe this follows the default settings of the Floor Camera. Change the backdrop color there and the library will change as well.

Can you double check this Rob , cos it doesn't work for me......  I am not using a Theme though , are you?

( either way that would be a weird default setting.... at least to me :) )

4 minutes ago, glennw said:

As far as I can tell, it works for the Preview Panel only - which is a camera view.

I don't think Themes make any difference.

funnily enough for me the only one not to change is the preview window if I apply a Theme..... it does change if the Item selected is an symbol not a material to the floor camera back ground though..... and no that is not my normal theme... :)

M.

image.thumb.png.2829071619674299b448fb1e4390c16e.pngimage.thumb.png.7ffa274edb1c07f62432ea2a50360014.png  

1 hour ago, Kbird1 said:

funnily enough for me the only one not to change is the preview window if I apply a Theme..... it does change if the Item selected is an symbol not a material to the floor camera back ground though..... and no that is not my normal theme... :)

M.

image.thumb.png.2829071619674299b448fb1e4390c16e.pngimage.thumb.png.7ffa274edb1c07f62432ea2a50360014.png  

That purple preview panel is what I was referring to; it follows the Floor Camera defaults for the color in the Backdrop tab. I believed that's what the OP was referring to.

27 minutes ago, robdyck said:

That purple preview panel is what I was referring to; it follows the Floor Camera defaults for the color in the Backdrop tab. I believed that's what the OP was referring to.

Oh,  well that went over my head  :), I thought they meant the Whole Library Browser....... and yes the purple was my change to test it . 

Rob you were right....if you go to....  Default settings > Camera tools > Floor Camera > Backdrop > make sure no backdrop is selected and then in the background color you can select whatever you want. 

The problem is unless you select this for the default for each plan it defaults back to the white background in each plan.  So I will have to change this for my template plan so I wont have to go do this everytime!

At least we know where to go to change it now...that was a bit frustrating.  It wasn't essential but for me it got to be about the principle of me having to find out how to change the color! haha

• 2 years later...

Thanks Facter for the reply.  Yeah we tried that before but it changes almost everything but the library background color.  I think we might have lost the ability to change the library background.  Ill keep trying different things to see if i can get it to work.