Window lintel (two piece trim)

rgardner

I have been searching and haven’t found the answer to this.  I have an architect I am working with (hand drawings) that is very specific on how his exterior molding show.  I know I can do this manually with poly line solids but I am hoping there is a way to do this within the window dbx.  I am guessing I can also do it with a poly line room molding setting removing it around all the non window portions at least for the headers.

he is looking for:

sill: a canted sill with a 1” overhang and a 2 3/4” square apron not overhanging

lintel: 5/4x6 square no overhang with a 2x3 square top piece with a 1” overhang.

I am attaching his hand drawing of what he wants to see on the drawings.  Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

warm regards,

RG

Harrell.MS.Wdws.pdf

5 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

Each of those is done with a wrapped molding.

Note:  Attach your images, don't attach a link that must be downloaded.

Sorry I thought I did.  Doing it from my phone  and must have done it wrong.

a wrapped molding as in design the profile with cad tools and add it as a molding.  I did that but I can’t make it do two separate trims that only one of them extends 1” and the other doesn’t...  am I missing something?

On 11/26/2019 at 12:02 PM, SNestor said:

I recently created a video on this topic...

I was awaiting some info from the architect on something else so had not finished this and I am having an issue.  Maybe someone can assist?

I get it to show fine for each window but when the windows are closer than 6" apart (he is specifying 3.5") the Lintel from the center window (palladian setup) goes down the casing to meetup with the shorter flanking windows.  Unless I show them 6" apart it stays that way.  The two side windows have a 6" with header trim top lintel and the center has an 8" with header trim top.  

Am I missing something or is this a bug???  

TIA for the great advice.

post pics using the Windows Snipping Tool,  and post the images direct to the Forum (C&P) and I think you'll get more answers , downloading and saving then viewing PDFs is too much of a hassle for many.

The Plan or an example plan with the same issue would help too / be best.

M.

40 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

post pics using the Windows Snipping Tool,  and post the images direct to the Forum (C&P) and I think you'll get more answers , downloading and saving then viewing PDFs is too much of a hassle for many.

The Plan or an example plan with the same issue would help too / be best.

M.

Thanks for the tip.  So the forum will put png or jpeg files in the post?

2 hours ago, rgardner said:

Thanks for the tip.  So the forum will put png or jpeg files in the post?

I normally just take a snip and then paste it into the text area , no need to save to desktop , and drag into the light gray area or anything usually.

Win10 currently has 2 Snip Tools , the old one under Windows>Accessories and the New Snip+ Sketch App under S on the start menu

So official word from tech support is that the program is built to automatically “mull” units in its characteristics such as use the same moldings once it gets within 6”.  They agreed this could be an issue and have submitted a request To rework this option with a possible option to toggle it on and off.