Change to layer tool (not CAD tool)

DougDM

Isn't there a tool where we were able to touch on an object and it would switch to that particular layer.   Not the CAD tool where you have to open it and select the layer you want to draw on. Same concept but a tool specifically for doing this.   Yes I want CA to switch to selected layer just by selecting an object residing on the wanted layer. I though we had this. Or am I thinking AutoCad.

Thanks

Doug

6 hours ago, DougDM said:

Isn't there a tool where we were able to touch on an object and it would switch to that particular layer.   Not the CAD tool where you have to open it and select the layer you want to draw on. Same concept but a tool specifically for doing this.   Yes I want CA to switch to selected layer just by selecting an object residing on the wanted layer. I though we had this. Or am I thinking AutoCad.

Thanks

Doug

It sounds to me like you're asking for a tool where you can...

1. Click on an object with an eyedropper sort of functionality in order to pick up that object's layer
  2. Draw or place another object and have that object get placed onto the layer of the previously selected object.

Is that correct?  If so, no.  There is no such tool in Chief.  I would suggest you just adjust your workflow to more efficiently and effectively utilize Active Defaults and Plan Views.  Click on Help and search Multiple Saved Defaults.