Layout Box Border

ACADuser

6 minutes ago, joey_martin said:

Umm...what? I think he is talking about the layout view borders controlled by the layout layer. Of course you can place a box and turn it off, but that wasn't the question. 

I understood the question.  Select a Layout Box (what you're calling a "layout view") and open it.  Click on the line style tab.  You'll find that the layout box itself doesn't actually get placed onto a unique layer.  It's only the border that gets placed onto a unique layer.  Turning on the Layout Box Border layer only turns all borders on because all borders are getting placed onto that layer by default...

pic.thumb.png.9cfd1182dab3829513737e4d0d5d38cd.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Also, if you have Layout Box Borders set to display, you can turn off the display of the borders on a border by border basis by using the "invisible" line type for that particular layout box.

Or, you can go the other way and make the default line style for the Layout Box Borders "Invisible".

You can then use a normal visible linestyle on a border by border basis if you want to display the border. 

Can you make the border line type default to invisible?

Alan,

As I said:

Or, you can go the other way and make the default line style for the Layout Box Borders "Invisible".

In the Layout Page Display Options dbx, change the Line Style for the Layout Box Borders to "Invisible" and save as your default.

• Upvote 1