windows above roof line

handyman25

I am having some trouble getting some windows to install above the roof line on the front of the house I am designing . the windows are acting like the are suck under the roof line and will not go any further up . I disconnected the attic walls and pulled the roof back and made the wall a balloon framed pony wall for the split for interior and exterior finishes . Nothing I seem to do is allowing me to install the windows up high on this wall?

milwaukee3dx.jpg

1 minute ago, handyman25 said:

Not the concern right now,  but there will be a internal gutter system incorporated into the roof system 

Nice warm climate I assume ?  

Post your plan file and someone will do their best to find a solution for you.

5 minutes ago, javatom said:

Your asking about a window above a roof line.  I think what you mean is the CEILING not the roof.  But I'm guessing.

I pulled back the roof and the ceiling and still nothing . Am I missing something? I was almost thinking I need to create another story for this wall but not sure?

On Level 2, pull the rear (lowest) edge of the front roof forward and snap it to the front of the wall in question - leave the baseline where it is.

Define that wall as Default Wall Top Height and uncheck the Pony Wall designation - there should be no need for a pony wall - make it an interior wall type (Interior-6 ?).

Open the General Wall Defaults and check Auto Rebuild Attic Walls - or, alternatively, manually draw an attic wall on level 3 over the wall in question.

Open the attic wall, Roof panel and check Lower Wall Type if Split by Butting Roof and select an interior wall type (Interior-6 ?)

Place your windows in the attic wall on level 3 in plan or a 3D view.

New Image_31.jpg

Milwaulkee GLENN 2.plan.zip

• Like 1