Changing Wall materials

ChiefuserDRB

7 minutes ago, ChiefuserDRB said:

Has anyone had issues changing exterior wall materials? I am confused as to why some of my walls will not change from the default blue siding when adjacent and connecting walls have no issues.

Have you used the "spray can" to "paint" the walls?  If so...you will have to open the wall dialogue box...and go to the materials tab...select "exterior wall surface"...then click the "select material" button...then, make sure you have "library materials" selected...and at the bottom you will see a check box, "use default material".  Check this box...

The wall should return to the siding you set as the default material.  

This is occurs when you "paint" a material instead of opening the wall and modifying the "wall type".  

2019-11-20_16-04-47.thumb.png.062e8bd0d7f4bc105d55e43cc91b9241.png

8 hours ago, SNestor said:

Have you used the "spray can" to "paint" the walls?  If so...you will have to open the wall dialogue box...and go to the materials tab...select "exterior wall surface"...then click the "select material" button...then, make sure you have "library materials" selected...and at the bottom you will see a check box, "use default material".  Check this box...

The wall should return to the siding you set as the default material.  

This is occurs when you "paint" a material instead of opening the wall and modifying the "wall type".  

2019-11-20_16-04-47.thumb.png.062e8bd0d7f4bc105d55e43cc91b9241.png

You can also scroll to the top of the Plan Materials list and chose Use Default too.

And yes don't spraycan exterior Walls ;)  .... it will comeback to haunt you.....

M.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Using the "Spray Can" is just not a good idea for walls.

10 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

And yes don't spraycan exterior Walls ;)  .... it will comeback to haunt you.....

I teach people to avoid painting walls for the most part too.  Usually best to change the wall definition or add a material region.  BUT, I do stop short of saying not to do it altogether  It has its place in my opinion.  It's just not very common.