What new features will version 12 have?

Electromen

2 hours ago, Electromen said:

I just renewed my SSA.  Every time I do that, I wonder what new features CA will include in the next version.  I guess I'm trying to justify spending $525.

Has anyone used a Beta version or heard what's coming next?

What features would you like to see?

larger font

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrownTiger said:

May be knee wall staircases, so you don't have to use ramps... Nuh doubt it.

Ok I am probably misunderstanding this but I cannot figure out exactly what you are referring to???

As I understand the term knee wall it is the short walls in an attic space to the rafters or can even refer to the wall created inside of a storage/attic truss that are not full height.  Must be another definition, maybe a regional terminology thing?

1 hour ago, rgardner said:

Ok I am probably misunderstanding this but I cannot figure out exactly what you are referring to???

As I understand the term knee wall it is the short walls in an attic space to the rafters or can even refer to the wall created inside of a storage/attic truss that are not full height.  Must be another definition, maybe a regional terminology thing?

You're not wrong, many people interchange pony wall, knee wall, cripple wall...I align with you on this one, but definitely understood his meaning.

1 hour ago, rgardner said:

Google:

https://www.google.com/search?&q=knee+wall+staircase

It could be regional. I have dealt with framers before, doubt  they even use same terminology

Ya, that’s a really weird one in my experience.  Been framing and building houses for the better part of the last 20 years and I’ve never really know what to call that little wall on the side of stairs.  I guess I default to pony wall myself but it’s really not that either.  It’s like a really short half wall...a “tenth wall”.  Yup that’s what it is a Tenth Wall Railing Stubby.

Oh, ok gotcha, I guess I am used to hearing pony wall as well.  Which technically I don't think that is correct either as that usually refers to a wall split with two materials.  Thank you for the clarification.  Always good to know regional expressions when dealing with clients in different areas.

21 minutes ago, rgardner said:

Oh, ok gotcha, I guess I am used to hearing pony wall as well.  Which technically I don't think that is correct either as that usually refers to a wall split with two materials. 

I believe this particular definition to be totally erroneous and as far as I know, it’s a definition that only exists in Chief Architect. They do it with some other things as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2019 at 7:11 PM, Electromen said:

I just renewed my SSA.  Every time I do that, I wonder what new features CA will include in the next version.  I guess I'm trying to justify spending $525.

Has anyone used a Beta version or heard what's coming next?

What features would you like to see?