Updating from Suite 2014 to current version Pro

dseebauer

Hi all,

I am trying create my own documents for a house I am building.  I've owned Suite 2014 for a long time, but am finding it lacking for creating more complete documents.  Question is, if I go ahead and upgrade to current version of Home Designer Pro would I be getting enough functionality to be able to create a complete set of documents?  Suite doesn't really have drawings, and trying to do it with the very limited set of tools is kind of a non starter.

Also, would I be able to open my plan that I've started in Suite in Designer Pro?    It is a .plan file.

Some of the things in Suite don't make much sense for doing multiple pages.  Like adding text to the floor plan.  There is only one layer for text so trying to add notes for various views is impossible,i.e.,  cant add electrical symbols without it being also on the dimension plan, etc.   Does Pro do a better job?

Thanks,

Dave

The short answer is yes, Home Designer Pro should be able to do what you need.  For a more complete comparison between HD Suite and HD Pro, have a look at this information:

https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/products/product-chooser.html

You might also want to download the trial version of HD Pro and try it out for yourself.  You can find information about downloading the trial here:

https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/products/trial.html

If you have more specific questions, I would encourage you to call our sales team during our normal business hours.

I agree with Dermot as to HD Pro but even it is limited by default to how large a native page size you can print to (18"x24"), most residential homes are printed to 24" x 36" or even 36" x 48" paper (it depends upon the size of the home in square feet). The point is to create construction documents that can be easily read by other building professionals who will assist you in permitting and creating the home.

DJP