PDF banding problems

kwhitt

I've got an ARCH D layout that I'm printing to PDF.  I'm getting a lot of banding in the four page file - attached is one example where the hatch is lighter towards the top.  I usually send as 1200 DPI, but have even tried 2400 DPI for this plan and it is still occurring.  How do I avoid this?  Thanks.

PDF banding.jpg

Known problem with Chief and PDF print drivers. This was discussed some time back. You can do a search to find it; something like "PDF printing problems" or such. Short answer - CA's built-in PDF print driver doesn't seem to exhibit this problem. Using other PDF print drivers does. I have tried several and they all seem to do that to some degree. Drives me crazy BTW. The PDF driver "tiles" the data on the sheets in blocks - some normal and some very light. The reason I switched from CA's driver is because it creates very large files, sometimes 100 Mb or so. Others will only be 5-10Mb for the same file. I finally settled on Bullzip for my PDF print driver; it works well for me, but I live with the tiling.

• Upvote 1

I also mostly use the free BullZip for PDFs too , usually but not 100% of the time it handles Chief Files okay, ( I use BZ for every other program too) in the instances it doesn't I use the CA built in one, which usually fixes it.

M.

• Upvote 1