Auto-Hatch Entire Cross Section

kwhitt

Is there a way to auto-hatch the entire clipped cross section when sending to layout?  Or do I have to manually draw the outline and create my own hatch to fill in this area?  I know I can use auto detail for insulation, etc., but I want the entire clipped area to be filled with a hatch of my choosing?  Possible?

22 minutes ago, kwhitt said:

Is there a way to auto-hatch the entire clipped cross section when sending to layout?  Or do I have to manually draw the outline and create my own hatch to fill in this area?  I know I can use auto detail for insulation, etc., but I want the entire clipped area to be filled with a hatch of my choosing?  Possible?

Possible and even relatively quick, but not automatic.

Rob -  thanks for the reply.  By what method do you mean relatively quick?  Shaping a rectangular polyline?  If so, I guess that would depend on the complexity of the cross section.  If I'm missing something, please speak up.  Thanks again...

1 hour ago, kwhitt said:

Rob -  thanks for the reply.  By what method do you mean relatively quick?  Shaping a rectangular polyline?  If so, I guess that would depend on the complexity of the cross section.  If I'm missing something, please speak up.  Thanks again...

If you have a fill type for most layers, after auto-detailing a section you can group select all those standard polylines and combine into one polyline, then fill as desired. You'll still need to make some shape adjustments.

I just did a quick one, took me about 30 seconds.

image.thumb.png.7747a9cca1617a391ab7fb9a1c2f209b.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, robdyck said:

If you have a fill type for most layers, after auto-detailing a section you can group select all those standard polylines and combine into one polyline, then fill as desired. You'll still need to make some shape adjustments.

I just did a quick one, took me about 30 seconds.

image.thumb.png.7747a9cca1617a391ab7fb9a1c2f209b.png

That is a great tip Rob....thanks!