Chief Users Offering Services

classicdesigns

I want to warn Chief users that offer service to  beware!!!!

There are two companies that do not pay for thier services. J.Igoe.architecture & Adam Henrich Via Bella Ventures.  They will use you for your work find reasons not to pay . They will tell you the will pay you and they never send it out. I have been designing homes  for over 15 years never had customers like this. 

I want to warn Chief users that offer service to  beware!!!!

There are two companies that do not pay for thier services. J.Igoe.architecture & Adam Henrich Via Bella Ventures.  They will use you for your work find reasons not to pay . They will tell you the will pay you and they never send it out. I have been designing homes  for over 15 years never had customers like this.

Very disappointing. Work completed should ALWAYS be paid for....... Period.

I'm sorry to hear that this hasn't been resolved yet. I know very little about her situation but from an image I saw of one of these projects, it looked very good to me. I have known Annette for many years and we get together often via Skype, email, phone and our user meeting. I can assure anyone that Annette is very honest, patient, and does good work and has a great personality. I will always back her up because I know the kind of person she is. Thank you for the heads up Annette.

There are programs that will let you delete a "PDF automatically from their computers on any date you want or you place the "PDF on someone else's server and they have to get permission to download it, it can also be deleted from their computers. You set a date to be deleted, if they haven't paid you by then then its deleted. Not a cheap program though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Agreed.   Did Annette tell anyone that all she had to do was reproduce drwaings that were originally done in AutoCAD?  Did she show you the file that was given to her and the file that was sent to us?  I think you would all be shocked by the lack of professionalism.  I agree, work should be paid for.   And at the same time I expect that the services would have been professional.  It was not design but merely putting a designed house on chief since we just purchased the software!!! 

No, didn't see everything but my comments were based on what I know about Annette. Reproducing plans from AutoCAD is sometimes not as easy as it looks. We get plans all the time from Architects by either PDFs or DWGs and I have to tell you that 40% of the time, elevations don't match the plan views or doors or windows don't match. We find sometimes that roofs don't work as shown too. I have attached a plan that we're currently modeling from an AutoCAD file (now a PDF) and have found problems. Look at the difference in the dimensions. It can't work, so now we have to find out what to do because there is cabinets going in that area. We have other areas where we have found that dimensions have been rounded off to the nearest 1/4" when others are right on. I've never heard of a problem with Annette not getting paid before and I've known her for a long time. If she's warning me about something, then generally there is a reason. 

post-66-0-09052300-1416263418_thumb.jpg