Cabinet Depth

RobUSMC

I know the standard base cabinet depth is 24". However, what is the thickness of the door or drawer fronts?  Usually 3/4" but with the bumper it makes them 7/8".  Does anyone know if the door and drawer fronts are actually 3/4" in CA and is there a way to change the thickness as some of the doors we use are 1" thick.  I asks this because on a frameless cabinet when I apply side panels to a cabinet they need to be flush with the doors or drawer heads they are butting in to.

3 minutes ago, RobUSMC said:

I know the standard base cabinet depth is 24". However, what is the thickness of the door or drawer fronts?  Usually 3/4" but with the bumper it makes them 7/8".  Does anyone know if the door and drawer fronts are actually 3/4" in CA and is there a way to change the thickness as some of the doors we use are 1" thick.  I asks this because on a frameless cabinet when I apply side panels to a cabinet they need to be flush with the doors or drawer heads they are butting in to.

You can use Cabinet Door Symbols - any thickness you want.

I'm not sure it really matters if they are exact in CA.  KCD is generally the software of choice for Cabinet Makers.  Chief's not particularly good at Cabinet Detailing.

1 hour ago, RobUSMC said:

some of the doors we use are 1" thick.  I asks this because on a frameless cabinet when I apply side panels to a cabinet they need to be flush with the doors or drawer heads they are butting in to.

You can make a 1" door symbol and use it no problem. Set the depth stretch outside the symbol or it will change to 3/4"

The sides are a different matter. You need symbols specific to the sides. Samples included of two methods- Likely fastest is using auto panels- full depth, full overlay BUT

make a door symbol the correct depth-say 25", offset the X axis by 1/4" (I never remember which direction) and lock the width by setting stretch plane outside symbol. Looks as if you get away needing only one per depth.

I had typically been doing these with side panel applied in which case I needed a left and a right and for every depth.

1in sample.plan