corrupt New Plan Setup

eydie43

I am using Chief Architect Premier X3.       I work alone, I am not interested in networking, and X3 works for me.

I need help with clearing my New Plan Setup.   It has been corrupted somehow.     When I start a New Plan two test building from an old project come into the New Plan and I cannot erase them.    I can select pieces of the building but they do not delete from the plan.     The same two building come in every time I try to start a New Plan.

Please do not put me down; I am not a programmer, just an end user.     Can anyone help me to clear the New Plan so that I can start with a clean, fresh drawing?

Can you open a plan that works fine? If so, you can edit that plan and save it as your profile plan. Then you can go into preferences and make that your profile plan when you "open new plan". You could also open your profile plan with normally will be in your My Documents folder under you Premier X3 folder in templates. It sounds like you need to fix or change your profile plan when opening a new plan. I would have to see what's going on by looking at your computer. I could help you online if you like. If interested, call me at 832-754-6160. 

Use ChiefArchitect menu: FILE > "New Plan from Template" and select some different template.

If you have a profile.plan open it and remove those  those buildings. It is not corrupted. This is the way chief architect works. Some people like to start the plan with preset cameras, cross sections, box, macros, background, dimensions settings, arrows, layers, predefined wall types, plan views, and the standard details.  If you use CA daily, designing houses and buildings - highly recommend to set own templates for both profile.plan and corresponding profile.layout.

2 hours ago, BrownTiger said:

If you have a profile.plan ........... open it and remove those  those buildings. It is not corrupted

BT is correct the should fix it ... but it may also be that you accidentally saved a plan as your template and may just need to switch the default "new plan" back to the default  Profile.Plan file in Preferences>New Plan.

You can also try renaming the Templates Folder in the Chief Data Folder eg to Template_Backup  and restart Chief which will cause Chief to Rebuild the Templates Folder the next time it starts with fresh copies of all the OOB Templates.  You can then transfer any template planes you want to keep back from the Templates_Backup Folder to the Templates Folder or just Use them from there if still needed.

M.

Each time you order "New Plan" from the file menu in any version of Chief Premier, it presents a copy of your "Profile.plan" that is stored in your "C/My Documents/Chief Architect X3 Data/Templates/Profile.plan". If that file or plan file is somehow corrupted you can open it directly in Chief X3 and edit it to suit your personalized needs and perhaps repair any damage you may have accidentally caused earlier. 

Another option is to reinstall Chief X3 which should overwrite your existing "profile.plan", so if it is corrupted it will be overwritten by a usable "profile.plan". If you no longer have your installation discs, my own X3 "profile.plan" is attached for you to try.

Part of using software in a Windows environment is being responsible for knowing a little about computers, software and operating systems, I am not a programmer or software Architect but I have learned enough about such things to get by using Chief. You can do this as well.

DJP

Profile.zip

• Upvote 1