CA X11: can I get my hinged glass doors to be in the window schedule?

GeneDavis

Yes you can. 

One time procedure: Open new plan, place glass door from the catalog. Select this symbol from the bottom action bar select the chair with the star button "Convert Selected to Symbol" -> specify Symbol Type: Window. Add it back to your user library. From now on it will be on the window scheduler.

• Like 2

Gene, we recognized the need to move items between schedules, such as doors and windows.  In our upcoming version, you can include items across categories.  Have a door that you want to place in the window schedule?  You can easily do that.  Watch for the new version around the Builder’s show in Jan.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

NUMBERING should be a part of this, too!

If I specify a glass door, hinged or slider, whatever, to be included in the window schedule, I want it numbered D01, not W12.

This requires linkage between schedules, schedules that may not be generated yet, but I have confidence that the wizards of Coeur D'Alene can do it.

Even numbering them GD01, GD02, . . . would work and be better than giving them a W number ID.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2019 at 10:56 AM, BrownTiger said:

Yes you can. 

One time procedure: Open new plan, place glass door from the catalog. Select this symbol from the bottom action bar select the chair with the star button "Convert Selected to Symbol" -> specify Symbol Type: Window. Add it back to your user library. From now on it will be on the window scheduler.

Yes...but, if you convert a door to a window it won't show "open" in plan view like a door will.  It will look like a window....

8 minutes ago, SNestor said:

Yes...but, if you convert a door to a window it won't show "open" in plan view like a door will.  It will look like a window....

There is an easy way to fix that Steve.   Just have your windows show as open.  Wow thanks to Scott this just became a suggestion thread.

53 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

There is an easy way to fix that Steve.   Just have your windows show as open.  Wow thanks to Scott this just became a suggestion thread.

Uh...show me where that is located in the window DBX.  I can't find that option...

1 hour ago, SNestor said:

Uh...show me where that is located in the window DBX.  I can't find that option...

I was just playing on Scott's previous comment but I don't write the software so I am hoping it will also be an option in X12.  But for now there is always 2D cad and numerous 3D workarounds that have been discussed here on the forum that sometimes get worked into future versions of the software.

7 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

I was just playing on Scott's previous comment but I don't write the software so I am hoping it will also be an option in X12.  But for now there is always 2D cad and numerous 3D workarounds that have been discussed here on the forum that sometimes get worked into future versions of the software.

Got it.  Thanks for clarifying...