How do I export a CAD detail I created as a dwg

elementsdesign

I'm trying to export some CAD details I created as a .dwg so my client can offer them on his product website. I place my library block on a blank plan page and export the "current view" as a .dwg, then I import that saved file into a new plan and it shows up skewed. The text doesn't all line up with the CAD correctly, the text boxes that have fill are black (I could work around that) and some items retain the color but others do not. Any suggestions on why this happens? I could live with the color issue, but I need the text to look right! Pictured is the .dwg import on the left and my library block it was created from on the right.

I basically use Chief's suggestions on the export wizard, is there some setting I'm not getting right? I don't work a whole lot with dwg so any help is appreciated!

dwg issue example.jpg

On 11/7/2019 at 8:26 PM, elementsdesign said:

I place my library block on a blank plan page and export the "current view" as a .dwg, then I import that saved file into a new plan and it shows up skewed

Something to try if you haven't solved this yet....... paste it into a CAD Detail , not Plan, ( in a new Plan file ) , UNBLOCK the detail, then select all the Text Blocks , Open their DBX and make sure the Automatic Width and Height are Enabled  ( I have found text is often corrupted when exported if these aren't on. ) , then make sure NONE of the Text Boxes are Using a Fill, (possibly your issue on those 4?) , Check all text is still as expected, then export it using DWG>Current View  and re-import it as a test to a New CAD Detail (you already made/opened before importing) .

A search may find other results  as I think I have seen other Posts about those Black (Text) Boxes too.

FYI : there is a text corruption Issue in CA which CA has not Solved yet with text getting truncated etc , opening and closing the text's DBX is usually enough to fix that though.

M.

On 11/9/2019 at 3:26 PM, Kbird1 said:

FYI : there is a text corruption Issue in CA which CA has not Solved yet with text getting truncated etc , opening and closing the text's DBX is usually enough to fix that though.

M.

Mick, when I have text that "truncates" I select the text and just drag the text box slightly and that fixes mine so far (when it does happen). 

2 hours ago, WAYNEDSA said:

Hi - Yes I also have this annoying problem with Text Boxes - Normally when they come from a different PC . Is it worth sending a request to CA to fix or do you think they are onto it ?

Thanks

Always report.  It doesn’t matter if they’re onto it or not.  The more people they hear from, the more likely it will get fixed.  I’ve seen legitimately broken tools that remain unfixed for years because only one or 2 people report it, and I’ve seen very powerful and perfectly functional tools removed or changed completely because a good handful of beginners were having problems understanding them.  It’s simple prioritizing.