How do you use drone picture shot and place model into?

dskogg

Does Google earth have data for the area you need ?

The only useful thing I could think of in Chief would be to use it as a material on an almost flat terrain perimeter for your overhead view as I have done with some higher altitude areal images.

12 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

The only useful thing I could think of in Chief would be to use it as a material on an almost flat terrain perimeter for your overhead view as I have done with some higher altitude areal images.

Yes it would.. this is for a proposed structure in downtown Calgary, Alberta Canada.. some tall towers around

It would be great if Chief could export directly into google earth.  I have had to do this for an apartment complex for preliminary concept approval.

I know SoftPlan allows you to export a 3D model directly into google earth.

I believe you can import the surrounding area into Twinmotion and Lumion???  That may be the easiest way for you to use your CA model for what I think you are wanting to do with your project.

15 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

I am going to see what buildings are already modelled in 3D warehouse for the surrounding area and perhaps I will just export my chief model and import it into sketchup and then into google earth,.i found YouTube video on how to do this using sketchup. So in the end not use a drone photo.

Using a flat picture of area doesn’t really work because there are tall buildings around and the one I need to model is 15 stories high.