Chief Architect Export Multiple Wall Layers?

Stephen999

Hello sorry if the title sounds confusing but i have noticed that in Chief when you make a wall it makes numerous wall Layers now i only want the wall outside and wall inside as the inside layers are never seen is this possible because it make the mesh very hard to work with once exported into a 3D Application such as Blender 

1 hour ago, Stephen999 said:

Hello sorry if the title sounds confusing but i have noticed that in Chief when you make a wall it makes numerous wall Layers now i only want the wall outside and wall inside as the inside layers are never seen is this possible because it make the mesh very hard to work with once exported into a 3D Application such as Blender 

Need to know what version of Software you're using? Kind of hard to understand what you're wanting to accomplish. 

I’m using the most current version of the program? 

Yes what hat I mean is when you create a wall in chief and zoom in you don't just see the back and front walls inside you can see layers of wall that are pointless being there as you don’t see them unless you zoom inside a wall. 

I want to know if there’s a way of removing those inside wall layers that arnt needed 

8 minutes ago, Stephen999 said:

I want to know if there’s a way of removing those inside wall layers that arnt needed 

If keeping the model correct is not an issue you can change your wall definition and just include an interior layer of " Opening (no material)".  I an not sure how Blender will see that though, possibly still 3 materials.  Another reason to have general access to "No Material".

Or maybe even better would be to have only a middle layer of framing and don't frame your walls or turn off the layer before exporting.

1 minute ago, Chopsaw said:

If keeping the model correct is not an issue you can change your wall definition and just include an interior layer of " Opening (no material)".  I an not sure how Blender will see that though, possibly still 3 materials.  Another reason to have general access to "No Material".

Hi can you alter wall definition for already made plans?