Freezing up

moduser1

I have Chief Architect 5. When I am working on something all of a sudden it freezes up. I can measure something and it will freeze, and the whole computer freezes. The only thing we have been able to come up with is possible Window 10 did an update and Chief 5 is not compatible with it. Has anyone else experienced this?

Moduser1

I have Chief 7 through X11 active on my Windows 10 PC (7, 9.5 and X1 are installed in a separate hard drive that runs on Windows XP Pro x32). However, the rest (X1- X11) all run happily on Windows 10 with ZERO problems and for many years.

I keep my PC clean (I physically clean my case monthly), virus-free, malware-free and all drivers up to date. I have run Windows 10 since it was first released in Beta. The only trouble I ever had with X5 was a mouse driver that, once updated I no longer had any crashes or freezes (it only takes one mouse driver or video card driver to screw things up, Check for that first, then make sure your machine is cleaned and protected/maintained.

DJP