Texture Angle Question

RobUSMC

I am using the same wood material on a lower and upper cabinet side panel (Using PS versus adding a panel in the cabinet dbx) because I need to adjust the sizes based on a few homeowner built in frig options.  As you can see in the rendering the bottom panel left of the frig the wood grain runs vertically and the panel above runs horizontal.  Both have the same material with same settings. I tried a test  and deleted the upper panel, copied the lower panel and slid it up and resized as needed but as soon as I did that it changed the wood texture from vertical back to horizontal.  I could understand a possible issue if these were side panels applied in the cabinet dbx but these are independent polyline solids.

Texture Angle Raytrace.jpg

Texture Angle Camera View.PNG

Try this:

Go 3D>3D View Defaults>check Legacy Compatible Texture Mapping

This will over ride Chief's default material orientations based "by object", ie a drawer as opposed to a cabinet door.

Part of Chief's smarts!

This may cause you a problem elsewhere, so check other materials after the change.

A bit hard to see in the screen shots, but there is a drawer at the top and a door underneath.

Legacy Compatible Texture Mapping unchecked:

New Image_10.jpg

Legacy Compatible Texture Mapping checked:

New Image_11.jpg

• Upvote 1

Yes , some of Chief's "auto" texture orientation can be a PITA for sure.............

With Drawer and Door front's though it is sometimes as easy as switching the Drawer front from Default to the Slab type from the Library

( not the auto Slab option which uses the same "default" orientation) in this particular case. 

image.thumb.png.693a320add61a7eaeef5e4a80f39beec.pngimage.thumb.png.0630f5e41c5211a29b2a155ce142f016.png