3Dconnexion Spacemouse on Mac

BradAtHarmony

Brad, why not send that question over to Mac's tech or sales group to see if they have any history on it? I haven't a clue but over the days - months- years of being on Chief talk don't ever remember seeing anything other than a few posts on using the 3D mouse with other systems. 

2 minutes ago, Evolution said:

Brad, why not send that question over to Mac's tech or sales group to see if they have any history on it? I haven't a clue but over the days - months- years of being on Chief talk don't ever remember seeing anything other than a few posts on using the 3D mouse with other systems. 

Good idea. Thanks Bob. 

• 3 months later...

I did end up talking to CA tech support. They confirmed that CA for Mac fully supported the 3DConnexion mouse. I ended up buying one and am using it on a daily basis. The mouse is a little touchy and takes some practice but works well. It also works with Safari and many program on MacOS. 

10 hours ago, BradAtHarmony said:

The mouse is a little touchy and takes some practice but works well.

Is that even with custom sensitivity settings or just the default? 

I am on Windows, but found the default 3DConnexion mouse default settings too sensitive in Chief for some axes and the opposite for the others so I always use custom sensitivity settings now. 

• 2 months later...

Spacemouse has very limited functionality on MacOS running Catalina (10.15).  Under Mojave (10.14) it did MOST of the things it can do on Windows, so worth it.  Under Catalina is has become worthless.  The ball is in Chief's court, per my notes below (after multiple calls back and forth between 3DX and CA).

Date: March 11, 2020 at 11:37:56 AM PDT

3Dx needs to supply Chief with code that will pass Apple's system Integrity Protection test.

This is a new Apple test that is part of Catalina.

3DConnexion HAS provided SDK to Chief.  That would be the same SDK that they've given out to every other program that is using their mouse with Catalina.

Chief has not yet integrated the SDK.  So SpaceMouse won't work in Chief running on Catalina until the next update.  Super high priority.  Date???? Can't tell you.

• 9 months later...

I have used sketchup for many years on MacOS with great success with the 3d connexion mouse. Navigation in Sketchup with the 3dconnexion is unparalleled. Just recently got Chief Architect and it does not work with it. For navigation it is barely stable and everything is inverted. I am still trying to adjust the settings to see if it will magically work just for 3d navigation. It has been the foundation of my workflow for many years. I am a snail in CA now. Hope they get this worked in.