Entire house block - converting to a symbol.

mullinsbrent

Hello,

Shortly before the new forum went up I posted -

"I have a problem along these lines I could use help with...

I am drawing plans for several houses being built in a cul-de-sac, I would like to copy all of the finished houses into one master site plan, showing the plot locations etc. as well as a 'streetscape' of how the finished scenario will look. I have done this before, with a straight street quite easily with the method mentioned above.

My problem with working on the cul-de-sac, is that I will have to rotate each house slightly (around a curve). Moving and adjusting entire houses with the 'EDIT/ALL FLOORS' makes me cringe but I might have no other choice. I would think there is the ability to possibly 'block' an entire house? Maybe? Maybe, Cross referencing from one file to a master file... maybe not possible. I am stumped

Any help would be much appreciated"
Brent

Brent:

you should post your query in the new chieftalk forum

this one is closing to postings on Thursday

short answer, create a symbol of each building and place the symbol in the master plan
then rotate as needed

Lew

I haven't had a lot of time to spend trying to figure this method out. It seems like with whatever I group together... I am selecting too many layers, possibly some which won't allow me to convert to a symbol. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Each building should be individually exported as a 3D file and then converted to a symbol and imported into your development plan. Before exporting each individual house model, you make a save-as copy and gut that copy before exportation (to reduce the overall 3D face count of the resulting symbol), Then, as symbols each house can easily be moved-located in the x, y and z axis independantly as you require for the entire development.

DJP

• Upvote 1