Terrain Inside Porch Walls

Mintplanner

I must be overlooking something simple.  Why isn't the terrain recognizing the foundation walls and clipping itself to the outside of these walls?   I see the option for Terrain Retaining Wall inside the wall specification dialog box, but that automatically adjusts the top of the wall, and I'd like my wall heights to remain unaffected.

Capture.PNG

Have you selected "Hide Terrain Intersected by Building" in Terrain Specifications > General > Clipping.  Also what level is the terrain perimeter on ?

X10 introduced manual editing of the terrain hole that makes things easier.

They're all foundation walls, and I've used the Porch room definition.  It's a room, with a negative floor height (basement level).  I just tried to use the Slab room definition and even the Closet room, but nothing changes regarding the terrain.  Puzzling...

The terrain is on the first floor, and the foundation walls are the ones I'm having an issue with.  The problem is, what stacks upon the foundation walls are the railings.  I drew railing walls on the first floor for that, and I guess that's the problem.  I'm not sure if I made the foundation walls Pony walls and adjust all the heights...doesn't seem worth the effort.  I guess I'll opt for the polyline.