Auto Distribute Plants

DREW3807

You will probably want to include which version of the software you are using because some of the suggestions below may not be in all products.

The easiest way to get what you want is to just place the plant outside of the garden bed and then drag it on top of it.  If you try to place a different plant on top of the garden bed the program assumes that you want to replace the current plant (which is why you should see the cursor change to the replace from library cursor).

A garden bed is really just a combination of a terrain feature and a distributed region.  You can also create your own terrain features without plants or create your own distributed regions with different plants.  For example if you are trying to create a garden bed with a mix of plants you may want to create a several distributed regions using the same shape but with different plants and distribution parameters.  Another thing that may help in some situations is that garden beds and distributed regions can be exploded.  When you explode a distributed region, the program will automatically place a copy of each of the objects into your plan.

• 3 years later...

I searched "plants" in Chief Architect Design Pro and got six results. The only actual direction given was how to place a plant. Zero results for "ground cover" or "multiplier". There is a brief landscaping tutorial but this is not included there either. 

That said, here is the work around I discovered. Place the plant in an open area, away from garden beds and not touching anything else. Right click and choose "save to library" then name the plant. Then save your file. Now choose the plant from the User Catalog. I first placed it in front of the garden I want to put it in, raised it to garden level, then moved it onto the garden bed where I wanted it.

I hope this helps!