Old Version PL file

Shawn51

Hi,  I have the old version Pl file that I need to be open by primaries software that needs to be modify in default setting (plan) to be allowed to be edit and saved so I can reopen it  in Home Designer pro to continue my work.  I appreciate any one can help.  Please let me know so I can send the file and steps.   Thank you, Shawn

Note the Link to the X8 viewer in this KB Article in the Green Shaded area.  Once the file is opened in the X8 Viewer save it and it will convert it to the new File type for you.

YMMV though as if you only have the pl-1 file, the others maybe missing.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00279/opening-legacy-files.html

Hi Kbird1, thanks for the reply.  I did do that and saved and reopened it but I am not able to edit it. Tech support told me the only way ca be done it needs to be open in Primer version and change the default setting. Shawn 

2 minutes ago, Shawn51 said:

Tech support told me the only way ca be done it needs to be open in Primer version and change the default setting

And they wouldn't do it for you ? , I'd have thought they would if both versions were licensed to you ?

M.