Library Scripts

JeremyKing

I was wondering if anyone has ever built a script that loads a folder full of additional libraries that were downloaded to your machine instead of spending time clicking on each library.  I am a teacher and have 27 machines and its very hard to keep all of the libraries on all of the machines for the students to browse, and I dont want to have them click and run every single one.  I am looking for a one stop file that does this for them.

Any help would be great.  

Thanks

1 hour ago, JeremyKing said:

I was wondering if anyone has ever built a script that loads a folder full of additional libraries that were downloaded to your machine instead of spending time clicking on each library.  I am a teacher and have 27 machines and its very hard to keep all of the libraries on all of the machines for the students to browse, and I dont want to have them click and run every single one.  I am looking for a one stop file that does this for them.

Any help would be great.  

Thanks

Sync your libraries with a cloud services or a server with all machines pointed to that location. Should be pretty seamless, only need to update one machine that way

3 hours ago, JeremyKing said:

Any help would be great.  

Thanks

Are you installing libraries for the 1st Time or Updating Libraries already installed? cos the Students can run an update every week once installed from the Library Menu.

Rene's method may work if you update one machine ( not yours for security) and then have the other 26 Machines use the Same Database Libraries Folder from the Network (assuming the Classroom has one or access to one) IT guy may need to help set that up for you. Downside maybe that everything each student saves to the Library would be saved to each Student computer.

Buy 30 Cheap USB Keys :)  and have the Students do it themselves so they know how....

M. 

4 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

Sync your libraries with a cloud services or a server with all machines pointed to that location. Should be pretty seamless, only need to update one machine that way

Chief Architect advised against this as if someone is using a library it will not be available for the other students and might have worse affects.

5 hours ago, solver said:

Are the machines networked?

You can group select the libraries and drag to an open Chief window to install all at once.

From there on, Update Library Catalogs should keep things up to date.

What problem are you trying to solve? Why are you doing this to 27 machines?

Didn’t know you could just drag them over.  I will try that on Monday.

11 hours ago, JeremyKing said:

Didn’t know you could just drag them over.  I will try that on Monday.

I have found this does not always work 100% of the time if you try multiple files  at once, just saw it happen with a Client on Friday actually with about 9 , it just stopped after 2.

however the Library>Import Library> ( group select on USB / Server etc) function always seems to handle it just fine whether multiple libraries or just 1.

M.