Chief 3D Library Not The Same For Mac Users (Fyi)

4hotshoez

I  am not sure how many users know this, but the available catalog / 3D Library for Mac users is significantly less than Windows users. I use both Mac and Windows and found that some of the libraries on my Windows computer is not available on my Mac. Is there a reason they are not for both?

I  am not sure how many users know this, but the available catalog / 3D Library for Mac users is significantly less than Windows users. I use both Mac and Windows and found that some of the libraries on my Windows computer is not available on my Mac. Is there a reason they are not for both?

The contents of the library catalogs are pro-rated depending

on the market share of the respective operating systems. ;)

Hi Todd,

The catalogs on the 3D Library are not Operating System specific, only The Product (Chief Architect, Home Designer, etc), whether you are logged in to your SSA account, and the Version you are using on each system should affect your access to catalogs. If you are seeing differences, there is either an unintended flaw in the design, or some other issue that we have not experienced in our testing. 

It would be very helpful for us if you could contact our support team and give them some specific information about the differences you are seeing. Once we understand what is going on, we will be able to do a better job clearing this up for you.

Best,