specify sea elevation to sub floor

jpdesign

Hello there,

Topo map provided by surveyor have sea elevation data for sample points in a lot and elevation for sub floor.

I can used those elevation data to create a terrain but don't know how to give the topo elevation to sub floor.

Terrain is not flat, specify "sub floor height above terrain" in "terrain specification" may not work.

image.thumb.png.b9888de9df91f2172dc680bd7bbb8ac9.png

Thanks,

Josh

On 10/31/2019 at 8:44 AM, jpdesign said:

Hello there,

Topo map provided by surveyor have sea elevation data for sample points in a lot and elevation for sub floor.

I can used those elevation data to create a terrain but don't know how to give the topo elevation to sub floor.

Terrain is not flat, specify "sub floor height above terrain" in "terrain specification" may not work.

Thanks,

Josh

Have you seen this KB Article on using Sea Level Height?

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-01078/using-real-world-elevation-data-to-create-a-terrain.html

Tricking the Auto Story Pole to show SL references is fairly easy, there are Several Posts on Sea Level References here on the Forum.

***Edit: And old post of mine with a Plan you can open with some Notes....

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/17786-story-pole-relocating-the-grade-elevation/?do=findComment&comment=149858

image.thumb.png.1b0eae70137e149d7437fafdebdff879.png

On 10/31/2019 at 9:44 AM, jpdesign said:

Hello there,

image.thumb.png.b9888de9df91f2172dc680bd7bbb8ac9.png

Thanks,

Josh

It will work. The terrain still references a point. Just a very small amount of simple math. Post your plan or your topo data for more help.