Looking for cabinet library's

yoseflab

4 hours ago, yoseflab said:

I'm brand new to Chief architect and am seeking some kitchen cabinet library's (I used to use 2020 design). They can be fairly basic even, just to get started. 

Anyone know where I can find them?

Using Tommy's suggestion build your own per your manufacturer and your typically used cabinets. It's a good learning experience though time consuming at first.  With CA you will not need as many cabinets as you would find in a 2020 catalog since resizing in CA is faster than drag and drop.

Few tips-

1. build your library cabinets in a single file and save it
  2. keep a folder somewhere that you will save library and symbols items plans you create for future use
  3. make use of the object information fields in the cabinets to speed up creating schedules, simplify ordering and cut down on typing.image.thumb.png.8bae21a5c239aa3406b5afbe02be432d.png
  4. I work under the principal that it is faster to delete text than to add it so every library cabinet created will have whatever common modes it "might" end up with (like both sides are finished and delete what is not later)
  5. Set anything possible to "use default" before adding to the library (materials, doors, drawers) so you can change defaults instead of each cabinet.v (exception to #5 would be things like a 3 drawer base where you want the lower drawers framed but the top a slab. Then set top to use default and specify the lower)
  6. Once you make a library for one brand/box construction you can usually adapt it to another to save some time.
  7. Don't try to build everything the mfg offers-look at what you use often and stick to that. In time you can add special cabinets either to that library or a general one for oddities.
  8. I design with just the cabinets from the Build menu (using keyboard shortcuts) as place holders. Once I have an idea where everything goes and what sizes are THEN and only then ...I use replace from library to access my cabinet library replacing what needs be with those I've made.

Attached is plan with just a few sample cabinets (note I normally place the cabinet schedule in a CAD detail not in the plan as done here)

screen shot of a basic library builder plan.

image.thumb.png.00755454d40b594f3c3b465d5ad0bb6f.png

Sample cabinets.plan